New to Building a PC - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come you with a more expensive quad core processor?

You should get a 12cm fan for the rear of the case, and an 8cm for the front for a decent airflow. Or just get the 12cm fan for the rear and move the 8cm side fan that's already included in the case, to the front.

What about the hard drive?

Will any 12cm and 8cm fan do for like 89p or do you recommend any? Would it be easy to take the 8cm fan already included inthe case and move it to the front?

Right, I've decided I'm just going to build a new PC. I'm fed up with my one now and it's a different BSOD eveytime now! Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Really appreciated :]

Does anyone know of any good guides on the net that show how to build a PC? It will be my first shot at it and I don't want to spend around £350 and then it not work or recognise other things! I've made my decisions on what to get:

Case: Play.com (UK) : Gigabyte GZ-M2 Black Micro ATX Case (No PSU) : Computing - Free Delivery

PSU: Compucase Green Earth 350W 80plus Certified PSU - 20+4pin 2x SATA 1x PCI-E - Ebuyer (

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5GHz Socket 775 1333FSB 4MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor - Ebuyer

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz Socket 775 1066MHz 8MB (2x4MB(4MB per core pair)) L2 Cache OEM Processor - Ebuyer

or

AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition Socket AM2+ 2.5GHz 4MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor - Ebuyer

AMD Phenom X4 9950 2.6GHz Black Edition Socket AM2+ 125W 4MB L2 Cache (512KBx4) Retail Boxed Processor - Ebuyer

Which shall I go for? Which is faster and more powerful?

Motherboard: ASUS P5N73-AM GeForce 7050 Socket 775 onboard Graphics 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard - Ebuyer (or different if I get an AMD CPU)

HDD: Ok I need help with this because there's so much choice and I get confused! Could anyone recommend me a 250GB SATA 3.5 HDD for under £40 from eBuyer?

Memory: Corsair 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL5 Lifetime Warranty - Ebuyer (will that have to change if I get an AMD CPU?)

Graphics Card: XFX HD 4350 512MB DDR2 VGA DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

Card Reader: Hiyatek 20-in-1 Card Reader With Fan Controllers and E-SATA Port, Audio in/out - 5.25" Bay - Ebuyer

CD/DVD Drive: Sony DRU-860S 22X DVD±RW DL & DVD-RAM Serial ATA Black Drive - Retail With Nero - Ebuyer

Fan: Extra Value 120mm Internal Case Fan In Black - 4 pin connector - Ebuyer

I think for the time being I won't get a graphics card and get a new HDD instead as I won't be needing a good graphics card until June. I know I've asked before but I just want to be sure, will all of these components work with each other?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom