New Build, would love advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hey guys and girls

i'll try and make it quick :)

i am a total novice when it comes to building pc's, i've done slicge upgrades in the past like a graphics card, adding a HDD ect but not actually built one.

so i decided see as i am going to be off for a week or so because of stuff i thourght i would give it all a try.

after i am done with the pc i am putting a cheap gpu in it and giving it to my sister to play a few mmo's on (guild wars mainly)

first the build

Case
Arianet 1009 Black Midi ATX Case no PSU - Aria Technology

mobo
Asrock motherboard N68-S AMD AM2 GeForce 7025 DDR2 micro ATX - Aria Technology

cpu
AMD Sempron LE-1250 2.20GHz (Retail AM2) - Aria Technology

HDD
160GB Maxtor Diamondmax 22 SATA 8MB - Aria Technology

psu
520W Arianet Ace Power Supply - Aria Technology

Ram
Arianet 1GB PC4200 DDR2 SDRAM - Aria Technology

dvd rom
Liteon 52x32x52x16 DVD/CDRW Combo Drive - Aria Technology

i dont have os disc's laying around i could put on so any suggestions would be nice, cheap as chips would be nice (got a £200 MAX budget) and i still want to put a gpu in there

any advice from here would be very nice as my mind has now gone blank, and thanks you for any

Only a £200 budget? Very tricky o_O

And use the Windows 7 RC, assuming you can get a hold of it (Microsoft no longer offers downloads of it). Otherwise you'd have to go with a Linux distro, and I have no idea how well Guild Wars would work on Ubuntu or such - there's no way around this without adding an extra £60+ for Windows 7 (Home Premium is actually that cheap!).

Anyway I don't think you can do much better than that - are there no spare parts you have which you could put in this to save money?

I quickly put this build together on Scan because I like a challenge, does something like that look suitable?
Still only a single-core processor, but it's AM3 and better (and yes the mobo does support AM3).
solidstevescan.png

i beleve i can lay my hands on a HDD, found 4 laying in old pc's i have at a relatives house i could also strip all the parts out of one case and use that (saves buying a case right)

i'll have a look at the rest of the stuff on that list

Well if you can free up money by doing that I HIGHLY recommend you go for a better processor.

the spec's are not that inportant in this build i know i said about slight gaming but its more for a experance of actually doing this

the thing with money is if i dont have to spend it i dont want to, sorry if i am sounding rude i am not meaning to

gonna go to scan for that 3450 seen its like £4 cheaper there.

i am just after pointers off you guys who know what to expect with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom