New Build wont load windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennykyser

Baseband Member
When my new build starts up, I can see the hard drive listed but windows goes to install after a few minutes it says windows did not detect a hard drive f3 to exit.

When I start the pc up, I do here one beep, that also indicates no master drive detected. however I do see the hdd listed when I start the pc Shows (Channel 0 Master WD 250 sata 1)

I see it listed as the pc starts, also dont see any response out of the floppy drive either. I have double checked all the conections.

The board is a ASUS, Hard Drive is a WD Sata 250.
any help would be greatly appreciated

Does your mobo come with this floppy that says RAID drivers? Try booting from that.

No, MOBO only came with CD, I also cant get my floppy to do anything, not sure if its because have not loaded windows or what, but cant format a disk or anything.

the computer is naming the DVD drive as A:

You have to load SATA drivers or Windows can't see it. (SATA came out after XP, you know.)

I did not know Sata came out after windows XP, I am very new to building PC's incase you cant tell :D

How can I load Sata drivers, where can I get them I will have to load from a CD Rom because thats the only drive the bios is picking up so far.

GX1_Man said:
You have to load SATA drivers or Windows can't see it. (SATA came out after XP, you know.)

I just remembered, the last pc I built I used 3 sata hard drives and it booted up fine? This was with an Intel MOBO instead of an asus if that makes a diferance. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom