New build! (soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much are you planning on paying for the heatsink/fan? Do you just want a decent one for normal use, or do you want a high-performance one for overclocking?

How much are you planning on paying for the heatsink/fan? Do you just want a decent one for normal use, or do you want a high-performance one for overclocking?

Well a normal one would do, im only going to be playing WoW (again) lol

Have 4gb ram for the build allso so should be enuff, just need heatsink/fan

Since you just want a normal heatsink, I suggest you ditch that CPU, and go for an AM3 socket one, retail so it comes with the cooler. That way you get a better, cooler, newer chip, plus a heatsink for about a tenner more (which would be cheaper than your original choice of CPU plus a new cooler).
AMD Athlon 635 II X4 2.9GHz 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3.. | Ebuyer.com
The CPU chose is fairly old and wasn't especially great when it came out.

NB: 'OEM' means it comes unboxed, without heatsink or instructions. 'Retail' means it does.

Since you just want a normal heatsink, I suggest you ditch that CPU, and go for an AM3 socket one, retail so it comes with the cooler. That way you get a better, cooler, newer chip, plus a heatsink for about a tenner more (which would be cheaper than your original choice of CPU plus a new cooler).
AMD Athlon 635 II X4 2.9GHz 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3.. | Ebuyer.com
The CPU chose is fairly old and wasn't especially great when it came out.

NB: 'OEM' means it comes unboxed, without heatsink or instructions. 'Retail' means it does.

Doesnt that mean i have to change my mobo and ram to ddr3?

Well, it depends on what mobo you were going to choose already. But yes, you'd need to change to DDR3 RAM, so I suppose it might not be worth it. It's up to you, here's a heatsink if you want to go with your choice:

ZALMAN CNPS10X FLEX Socket LGA1366, LGA1156, 478.. | Ebuyer.com

Yeah ill go with my build for now, that heatsink is abit to much for my budget, the build comes to £300 as it is even though its a AMD build lol

Think u can find a diffrent one but cheaper? around 10-20£?

you can use am3 cpus in most am2/am2+ mobos that use ddr2 ram.

i would go with Yami's suggestion of going with the athlon ii instead, its better than the first gen phenom you listed in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom