New build monitor not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastsystems

In Runtime
i put everything together last night and everything was working last night and this morning i went to turn it on and all the fans and lights were working but the monitor is not turning on. so i thought it was the video card but i have two other ones in my other computer so i tried to put those ones in but still the monitor is not working.
any suggestions on what to try?

If you have a laptop, try plugging your monitor into that. I have a friend with a similar situation....

She got a virus instead, ha. Strange huh? Her video was flaking out due to some worm. Reformat fixed it once we put the Windows discs in there. That's a long shot though.

If you have a laptop, try plugging your monitor into that. I have a friend with a similar situation....

She got a virus instead, ha. Strange huh? Her video was flaking out due to some worm. Reformat fixed it once we put the Windows discs in there. That's a long shot though.

i already tried pugging it into my other computer and it works on that and i tried 3 monitors that i know work!

most likely somethings not normal with the videocard, do you have an appropriate psu for your videocard?

Did you plug in the 6pin PCI-E plug into the card?

Edit: also, make sure that your RAM is seated tightly. That happened to the last build that I did; didn't have oneof the RAm sticks in tight enough, and it wouldn't boot (besides fans etc coming on).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom