New build mac osx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

celka

Beta member
I finally saved up around $400-500 to replace my 5 year old HP. My needs are really simple Internet use and few programs maybe a little gaming. With my budget I think its really possible, I know I can buy Dell but I want to build my own. Anyone got any recomendations? Is it possible to intsall Leopard on the machine I build becuase I really like that operating system much better than Windows, let me know whats possible

It violates Apple's terms of service to install OSX on a non-Apple machine, even if it has an intel proc, etc. So don't discuss it here.

As far as recommendations for your own parts, you can build a good rig for only $500 these days. Not the best in the world but a very powerful one no doubt. I regretfully don't have the time at the moment to put together a list for you but some one will shortly. They always do.

Yeah that's the thing GMA 950 with no upgrade option is a bum deal. I wish they made something with better vid card but even a decent midrange one seems to the Imac-only and that runs over a grand. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom