New Build, looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Lookin4, thanks for your help on mine, but here's my two cents on your setup:

The stock heatsink isn't generally made with overclocking in mind, is it? Well, if you downgraded to e6300 instead of e6400, with the $34 you'd save, you could get yourself an okay heatsink, or get another fan, etc.

Yep, actually since I posted this I have made even more changes and am in fact waiting until April to purchase, upgrading to the e6600 and getting another cooling method to put in the case since I may have enough to upgrade the vid card at that point (savings wise).

Besides your last post saying your going to get a 6600, thought Id let you know that the 6400 is the best bang for your buck atm. As for overclocking Ive seen some 6600 get up to 3.4ghz on stock cooling, mind you it was it had lower ambient temps.

By the time he buys this, the 6400 and 6300 will have an L2 Cache of 4mb, anyways. I'm pretty sure that brings them up to par.

I figure since the prices are going down, I will just buy a e6600 for the same price as I was going to buy an e6400 now (in April). Or, I will decide to save a little on the processor, go with the e6400 still, and put the extra money towards an even better vid card :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom