New Build Help - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: New Build Help

Ok new update, I was messing around with it this morning, I took my motherboard out of the case and went to turn it on and it worked, I turned it off, put it back in the case and tryed to turn it on and nothing happened, am I grounding out the motherboard.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
muffin enthusiast

yep, that sounds like youre shorting the mobo out. you need to have risers installed in the case and then put the mobo in. the risers prevent the back of the mobo from directly touching the case, which would cause it to short out.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
True Techie

wow , thats strange. i am assuming since you had the video cards installed, everything lined up. tightened one MB screw at a time to see if you can figure out which one is causing a problem. if you can pinpoint the problem then call Gigabyte for a RMA. return it while you can. check the back of the baord and see if their is a little piece of solder that coul be touching the case.
good luck

Closed Thread