New Build Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

obxdude018

Baseband Member
Ok I have all the parts for my new computer, I went to install all of them and turn it on and got no power. I have the 24 pin and the 8 pin connectors to the Mobo, connected the power button connectors and all the other connections and no luck.

My setup is
Gigabyte 790X Mobo
Antec 650W. PSU
Phenom II X4 940B.E CPU
Dual Radeon HD 4850 Graphics
Lite-On Blu-ray player
640GB HDD

test your PSU

insert a paper clip into the green wire plug and any black wire plug
labeledwiresmall.jpg

1zxaxk6.png

apbi1t.png

You mean you bought just one stick of ram? If you have another stick of ram, try the other one by itself.

Ok this talk about ram got me thinking, I wonder if my ram is compatible with my board, I took one stick out of my other computer it is DDR2 which is the same as this computer, but it is only rated at 400MHz,

Don't worry about that, 400mhz is the actual speed of DDR2800 memory. As long as its DDR2, no matter what speed, its compatible. We're just trying to make sure that you don't have a bad stick of ram, so just try a different stick (by itself).

If memory is ok, check your power and reset wires thats connected to the motherboard. Even try reversing the power wires. blue and white wires connected to the motherboard.

I checked gigabytes website and it doesn't list my ram that I am trying as a compatible type. It doesn't get down that low to where these are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom