New Build component Failed on existing HD please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy0o0o

Beta member
Hello, i recent bought all from newegg
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569Q9550 - Retail
Ram G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Retail
Vid Card
EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

this is just to upgrade my computer. It was running fine before with no issues.
I have 2 HD, one master with OS running and the other is just for storage (2 of them showed up as Master in the bios of the new MB i can't change on of them the clave but the boot sequence is for the main HD). However after i install all the new items and start it up seems like it's booting up normally but when the Window XP logo appear like it is loading the OS, a quick blue screen showed up and restart the process all over. I try to boot it in safe mode but it doesn't work.

I have not had a chance to install the driver for the motherboard or install the video card driver because i can't get into the OS. Please Help - I have read the trouble shoot in the manual and they said i have to format my HD. is there a way that i dont have to do that???

Please help.

You're going to have to reformat your hard drive and reinstall your OS. The previous install was installed for previous hardware, so it's unlikely to be able to boot with the new hardware. It can be possible to do what you describe, but it rarely is.

If you haven't backed up everything from the install you can always put the old hardware back in, back stuff up and then put the new hardware in again.

Will it work if i install the driver of the new motherboard on to the old HD and then connect the HD with the new component? if that is not possible then can i just format the main one or do i have to format both?

Thanks for your quick reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom