new build-compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your motherboard can support your CPU because it supports Core 2 Duo.
Your motherboard can support your graphics card because it has PCIe x16.
Your motherboard can support your memory because it can support up to 8GB of DDR2 1200 RAM.

The rest of the stuff hardly matters with your motherboard, but all looks compatible.

Yup. Things to note, though, is that people have said that typically the power supplies that come in cases are not as good as ordering them separately. Also, the E8400 runs pretty hot, so I hear (I don't have one); an extra CPU cooler may be called into order. Otherwise, seems like a good quality build to me.

I had heard that about the power supply, but this was the only case I saw that was what I was looking for & it came with, so I guess I'll see what happens. I didn't include the smaller things here, but I do have 2 fans on my list that fit in front of the case. Thanks for letting me know that's a good decision. :)

Why an e8400 if its a general PC?

You could get away with an e2160 or e1400 or something..

Its a general PC, so you really don't need a really high end board, get like an EP35-DS3L or something

Otherwise its fine, but idk which Antec 500w PSU that is.. if its a good one.. you're fine but there are some crappy ones out there...

Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-86TEG2P-FSR GeForce 8600 GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

get that 8600gt instead, 50% cheaper than what you had up, and you don't need an 8600gt for a General PC

I'm planning on keeping this pc for a long time, so I want to be flexible with what I might need in the future. And the power supply is an EarthWatts which I saw recommended in another thread, so I thought it might be ok. Should I get something else instead?

Are you gaming?

At least get a 8800gs.

If not then the cheap gt. Also if you want this for the "future" you may consider a quad core like the q6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom