New Build Blank Screen Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTavish

Beta member
i've just finished building my new computer but it will not boot. the power comes on inside and the hard drive spins up when this happens i get no system beeps.
Specs:
P4 Socket 775 3.0 Ghz 1Mb L2 Cache 800mhz fsb
ASUS P5P800 SE motherboard.
400W psu 20 pin connector connected though 24 pin converter.
2x 1Gb DDR 400 Ram
ATI RADEON X700 Graphics Card (working)

i've tried unpluging all the devices to see if it would beep but it didn't. so i ried moving the ram and around...still no beeps. but when i unpluged both ram and it did beep.

does this mean the motherboad is working and the cpu isn't?

please help!

Sounds like there might be some sort of grounding issue going on. Try making sure the board is properly installed in the tower or did it come with it already pre-installed?

Did you clear the CMOS memory? There is a JP5 jumper on your motherboard with 3 pins and a jumper connected to 2 of them. Turn off the computer switch the jumper to connect with the other pin and the middle pin and leave it for 5 seconds. Switch it back and it power up the PC. That and gurus suggestion might get you going.

Did you install the pegs that go inbetween the motherboard and the case?

ch3fig4.jpg

i've tried clearing the cmos memory but unfotunatly that didn't work. the mother board wasn't already installed and i'll check to see whether its intalled properly.

went back and checked that the motherboard was installed propely with all the pegs and it was, still no joy. is a 400W psu suffiecient for a system like this? or is the problem more likely to be with the cpu?

Sounds like it could be memory related. Do you have or can you get a known good stick to test my theory?

400watts is plenty.

Even though the mobo is properly installed it could still be grounding out. If you take the PSU, mobo with the gfx card, cpu and fan installed out of the case and set it on a wooden desk and power it up and it worx you need a new case. Quite a hassle but I've had to do it b4.

dam i hope thats not the case. it was brand new and from one of those big ebay companies. i'll never get my money back, got a new cpu and psu on the way...will try these first and then maybe bolt it to the desk with a plastic bag over it...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom