New Build for an Aussie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I've looked through their AM2 models and I found the M2N-SLI Deluxe. It seems to have good reviews on NewEgg, so I might do a bit more research and go with that. Thanks nitestick!

Yeah I am using that site. It's great. Most of the time MSY has the cheapest prices on the parts, so I will probably do most of my shopping there.

In the reviews of the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe I found that it can be incompatible with OCZ RAM, so hopefully the Kingston 2GB DDR2 533 RAM Kit will work with it.

hehe I was just about to say, make sure you check that the ram will work with the mobo on the manufact's website.

the 7900GT (int my eyes) is great for gaming, its a relativly mid-high end card and since your upgrading from a pretty old computer the card will wow you greatly (unless you've seen the latest technology in action at a friends house or something).

I am sorry tho afl mate, I am not very up to date with amds, I dont know whats good and whats not.

and next year I might have to sign up to your forum and get tips on who to pick in footy tippings ;).

Hope you get your computer and all things go well.

Thanks for your help A-mak! I think I will go with one of the 7900GT's but not exactly sure which manufactuer. I have been told on other forums that the X1900GT's are better for the price, but I'm really not sure.

I looked at the User Guide for the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe Mobo and it gave the list for DDR2 667 & DDR2 800. Does this mean that DDR2 533 doesn't work with the board or that all 533 RAM should work?
ftp://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM2/M2N-SLI Deluxe/e2651_m2n-sli_deluxe.pdf

Feel free to join the forum mate. Next year we will be running an in-forum footy competition with a Tipping Mod.

Cheers mate!

I found the following link on the Asus forum. It gives a list of the Kingston RAM which I think is compatible with the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe Mobo. I hope this is right.

It's kind of pricey so I dont know whether to get 2GB or just 1GB

2GB
Kingston 2GB DDR2 533 4200 KVR533D2N4K2/2G

1GB
Kingston 1GB KIT 667MHz 5300 DDR2 KVR667D2N5K2/1G
or
Kingston 1GB 533Mhz 4200 KVR533D2N4/1G (2 x 512)

Almost done. Just gotta decide on this RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom