New Build...anyone see any problems? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
rustle rustle

Default Re: New Build...anyone see any problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoZTraDaMuS View Post
ATI cards have a tenancy to react lets say "half heatedly" to normal circumstances.
What are you talking about? ATI cards are great, a couple of years ago they may not have been as good as Nvidia but right now they are pretty close. And under normal circumstances they work just fine, I'm using an ATI HD 4850 and it's working fine right now, and it works fine in any game I have played with it. ATI may not have the most powerful GPU out right now but that does not mean they react "Half heatedly" under normal circumstances.

It would also be a good idea check benchmarks before you say one thing is better then the other, the 4830 and the 9800GT are almost equal but the 4830 is $30 less for the cheapest version of both cards. Also ATI just released a new set of drivers for the 4830 which has some good performance gains so the games it was behind in should be better.

W/e though get what you want, if you are particular to a company then buy from them; but remember things change in the computer world and brands that were top of the line 5 years ago or even a month ago may not be top of the line today.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

Quote:
ATI cards have a tenancy to react lets say "half heatedly" to normal circumstances. And as I said I may be sending things back to make the computer perfect...dont go anal on me MR. "tech genius." As i said before, I thank you for the input and will use it accordingly. I had a deadline to order parts and I can always send and receive them back if needed.. dont get all batty on my because of that. No offense intended but seriously...lay off the tech steroids.
if that is the case...receive all of the stuff that you ordered, send it back immediately...and order the stuff hikari suggested. his build is much better than what you listed, for less/equal money. unless you want the nvidia card, then by all means keep that. he was just trying to help you out there, chief. i want some tech steroids.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
AKA , gt7sanremo

Quote:
ATI cards have a tenancy to react lets say "half heatedly" to normal circumstances.
What does that even mean?

Quote:
dont go anal on me MR. "tech genius."
No offense intended but seriously...lay off the tech steroids.
Take it easy man, Hikaricloud offered good advice and you should have specified that you already ordered the parts in the first place. We are just here to help, if you don't want advice then do your own thang.

Random movie quote to make you seem hip and "with it":
"Please take the chairs away. I don't like them. The big one is staring at me and that short one is being very droll."
Old 02-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagasama View Post
i want some tech steroids.
I'd just be worried that my RAMs would shrink. Lmao.
thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
<-------------------------------
Old 02-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

no dude...if you knew how big my RAMS were, you would beg them to shrink.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagasama View Post
no dude...if you knew how big my RAMS were, you would beg them to shrink.
My machine doesn't got a lot of RAMs. :[

thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
<-------------------------------
Old 02-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
AKA , gt7sanremo

I had a bowl of tech steroids for breakfeast this morning. They are high in fiber too.

Random movie quote to make you seem hip and "with it":
"Please take the chairs away. I don't like them. The big one is staring at me and that short one is being very droll."
Closed Thread