New Build: 3200+,X2 3800+, or D805?? Suggestions appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

moJT

Beta member
Hi, First I must start off by saying that I am a bit of a n00b when it comes to building a PC, however I have been doing alot of research/browsing forums in the past month or so. This is my first build and would like to keep everything under 500 dollars, which means mobo and cpu under $200 or 250.

So i have a couple options:

1) X2 3800+(overclocked to 2.4) and MSI K8NGM2-FID
This is my number one choice however the cheap price of 3200+ is nice.

2) 3200+(overclocked to 2.6) venice and Biostar TForce6100-939

3) Pentium D 805(overclocked to 3.3 - 3.6) and no motherboard in mind.

I am not a PC gamer at this time, but there is a possiblity that i might start some light gaming. That is why i went with Mobos with onboard video to save money. I do think that I will probably install a tunner card in the near future and use as a PVR in addition to regular uses.

Feedback greatly appreciated

lol.. i find it funny how you're anticipating the overclocks of the cpus.. why not push the 3800+ to 2.6 as well?! no guarantees the 3200+ will reach that...

anyways.. option 1 is the best option..

i'm just wondering, why do you have different motherboards for options 1 and 2? cpu uses same socket so pick whichever motherboard you like better out of those 2, and use it with the cpu of choice (preferably 3800+)

also, socket AM2 is pretty much the same price when it comes to cpus... so for future upgrades, its a good idea to get socket AM2. you'll also need a socket AM2 motherboard, and DDR2 ram..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom