new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puddle I am still a little confused as to needing a sep. video card or not since I am not going to be doing any gaming.I just looked at the Intel DG31-PR which has both onboard vid and audio for $72.00 shipped but don't want to purchase if it not going to meet my needs. If I do go with the sep vid card will I need to diable the onboard vid?

The motherboard you selected (Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G LGA 775) does not have onboard graphics so you will need a separate video card. If you get a board with onboard graphics then you will not need a video card.

Also you could save some money by getting this psu and video card.

Newegg.com - Antec earthwatts EA380 380W ATX12V v2.0 Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, CB, C-tick, CCC - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 1012 Radeon HD 2400PRO 256MB(128MB on board) 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Intel Desktop Board DG31GL Motherboard

Part #: BOXDG31GL

IN STOCK

Your Price: $61.99
Qty

Extended Protection Plans Available More Info

Print Page Email a Friend

Overview
Specs
Warranty

Summary
The Intel Desktop Board DG31GL Essential Series offers a cost-efficient integrated graphics solution for the budget conscious user. This board is built with affordability and flexibility in mind, and supports Intel Core 2 Quad processors, Intel Core 2 Duo processors, Intel Pentium Dual-Core processors and Intel Celeron processors with 1333/1066/800 MHz system bus in the LGA775 package. Other features include dual-channel DDR2 800/667 MHz SDRAM, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 (Intel GMA 3100), integrated 10/100 Network Connection, Intel High Definition Audio (4 channel audio) and up to eight USB 2.0 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom