new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastsystems

In Runtime
i am about to start my new build and i am going to be buying all the parts in pieces because i dont have all the money right now so ill buy parts as i get paid. and i was wondering what order i should buy the parts in?

Well i guess it depends how you're going to do it:

1. Buy all the parts and keep them all boxed til you start building

OR

2. Build as you get the parts.

Down to user preference i suppose although you ccould test the pieces as they come in.

I would get the case first and your processor last...and everything else in between.

Option 2 is what I did, Bugg. I bought my case first, except the last thing I got was my GPU. I kept everything in their boxes (opened 'em up to check for damages or something though, of course), and then put everything together once I had everything. I set out a weekly budget for myself ($300 a week) so it didn't look like too big of a hit when I looked at my checking account balance, haha.

But like he said, it's mostly up to you; if you want to build while you get the parts, you can; I just chose to do it all at once.

this order

1.....case
2.....PSU
3.....Mobo
4.....Cpu
5.....GPU
6.....cpu f/h
7.....HDD and or optical drives
8.....HDD and or optical drives
9.....any other items (sound cards, mouse, keyboard, monitor ect.)

definitely get the case first the power supply and motherboard and the rest is whatever you want to get

1 case
2 PSU
3 .Mobo
4 cpu
5 HDD
6 optical drive
7 GPU

I think gpu should be last because you can get by with integrated graphics for a while like I did and still be able to do most things with the computer then save up for an awesome video card.

yeah everything looks good, i would suggest you get the 7200.11 500gb 32mb cache hdd though over the one you listed, you could also save money and get vista home premium 64bit. If you are ocing that cpu i would go with a diff one, 4*** chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom