New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hi,
i want to build a new computer thats as quiet as possible. Im going to be using it for work only so no games ive come up with this so far :
case - AcoustiCase 340 and 360 Acoustically Lined Cases (no PSU) £76
dvddrive- http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/components/samsung-writemaster-sata-
£25
graphics- on-board
harddrive- Spinpoint T-Series Hard Drives
-£60
hdcoooler- ZM-2HC2 Hard Drive Heatpipe Cooler
- £18
memory - Kingston 1GB DDR2 Memory - Cheap at Ebuyer!
- £20
motherboards- Asus P5L-VM 1394 Socket 775 I945g onboard VGA and Audio FSB1066 mATX
- £45
psu- Xilence Power Quiet PSUs
-£36
proccesser- Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 2GHz Socket 775 800MHz FSB L2 1MB Cache Retail Box Processor
£54

If you think they arent the best parts, i could get a quieter part or i could get them cheaper elsewere please post.
Thanks

That's a fine build. Two things I would suggest is maybe an extra gig of RAM (1 gig doesn't hold much these days even without gaming) and changing the hard drive from a spinpoint to a Seagate or WD. A little more reliable than Samsung from my experience.

do you want it small as well as for a little extra you could get mini-itx which are completely silent as the case radiates the heat from the components like one huge heatpipe system, you can get this in micro-atx form-factor aswell but mini-itx is just 6"x8"

hi thanks for your replies.
Im based in the UK , can you reccomend any good places to buy itx cases and which motherboards would fit these cases? Thanks

i took a look at the online store on mini-itx.com, it seems very expensive...

...because they have a specific purpose, and they're smaller than normal motherboards. Their purpose is for embedded computer systems, I believe.

would it be worth it orderng a pc like this:
http://www.fit-pc.com/specifications.htm
of that site...

or

where can i get hold of the mainboards like the ones on this page:
VIA EPIA SN-Series Mini-ITX Mainboard - VIA Technologies, Inc.

If i could get hold of that motherboard would this work
CASE: mini-itx.com - store -Noah 3988 Mini-ITX Case - Black/Silver
PSU : mini-itx.com - store
MEMORY:mini-itx.com - store (1GB)
HARD DRIVE:mini-itx.com - store

80GB Seagate 2.5" SATA 5400RPM Hard Drive - 8MB Cache

DVD Drive : Optiarc AD-7633A Slimline 8X8 DVD±RW/DL/RAM LabelFlash Slot Loading Black Drive - OEM - Ebuyer

Would all those compnonets work together?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom