New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
the cooling will be fine but get an evga version of that card so you can upgrade and just pay the difference to a 8800gts 320mb and the psu is over the top get that model psu but with a lower wattage

hey you know the graphics card youv suggested, it has a different type on connection, do i need an adapter or something? coz my monitor has a VGA and the graohics card is DVI?

it will come with an adapter probably 2 but just bear in mind the world is turning digital so in the future say a year or so when you monitor starts to lag behind don't buy vga get dvi :D

About the PSU wattage: Personally, i would just pay the extra £6 for 50 more watts over the hiper 530watt, for that bit extra OCing & upgradage headroom (but that's just me)

@saltynay: (sorry for being off topic) but could you please give me the link you were talking about for the AM2+ mobo in UK? thx

lol dont worry ill be replacing this monitor soon enough....crt :freak:

i have a tft downstairs tho so it cancells it out a bit :laughing:

so new monitors, they are all going to upgrade to dvi sooner or later?

lol great even more stuff to buy

btw, what about an OS

vista confuses me, will my games work with it, like moh airborne when its out and bf2 and such things or would i be better off sticking with xp?

Dont feel obliged to get a DVI screen. It is a nice luxury, but it is not vital. I am not sure about an OS, though most people say that it is safer to stick with XP, but i am not sure at all.

well if you get vista then to use it most effectively you need 4gb its not a must but it does improve stability a little trick to it though is suppose to be that you install 2x1gb sticks of ram when you first install VISTA and then add the other 2x1gb later apparently there are issues with memory mapping and if all ram sticks are installed with the original OS then they aren't effectively mapped reducing performance (you ave to get the 64bit version to use 4gb). all games should work on vista. obviously if you buy vista now you won't have to buy it later, Vista is extremely annoying in its interface I don't like personally some people love it.

If you stick with what you know and go with xp get MCE it has all the functionality of pro plus some added themes

About the PSU wattage: Personally, i would just pay the extra £6 for 50 more watts over the hiper 530watt, for that bit extra OCing & upgradage headroom (but that's just me)

@saltynay: (sorry for being off topic) but could you please give me the link you were talking about for the AM2+ mobo in UK? thx

Well I recently look at the biostar specs more closely and it isn't actually a tru AM2+ board it is more of a half way effort between AM2 and is extremely similar to most new AM2 boards on the market. So have to wait a little longer for "real" AM2+ boards to be released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom