New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire

Solid State Member
Im looking to build a computer for £400 not much but i want to get the best out of it.

I would like to use it for gaming, so any suggestions would be nice...

I dont have much knowledge on motherboards, so i need help there, one that will support core 2 duo and will also have pci express slot for a decent 512 graphics card, ddr 2 ram, dont really need a big hd as everything is on my other computer which i can access wirelessly.

Any other cheap cases, power supplies, if anyone can tell me, i dont want to buy a motherboard and find it doesnt fit in my case lol

I wont need a monitor as i will just use the one ive got

cheers.

it wont matter if i import a board from the US in to the UK power wise will it? coz i know we use different voltages, dont want it blowing up lol

he's uk the sites for uk are:

Ebuyer - Cheap Computers Laptops Digital Cameras Televisions
Kustom PC's
Overclockers UK
scan.com
dabs.com - PC Hardware, Components, Software, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players

off the top of my head:
cpu: e4300
mobo: asus p5b, gigabyte ds3
Ram: 2gb by a good brand probably OCZ, geil or Corsair is the best price/performance
hdd: samsng spinpoint or seagate barracuda (on ebuyer they were doing a 500gb barracuda for £65 compared to the usual £85)
psu: fortron or cucial Hx around 400-500W
gfx card: 7600gt by evga (you can use the step up program and upgrade to a 8800gts at a later date when you have some more cash and just pay the difference)
case: coolermaster centurion
hsf: arctic freezer 7

CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E4300
Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

RAM
Corsair XMS2
Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

Graphics
XFX 7900GS

HD
Samsung SpinPoint 320GB
Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK SAMSUNG FOR THE WIN.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA_P35_DS3P

Opty Drive
Samsung SH-S183 SATA

PSU
580W Hiper

Case
CoolerMaster Centurion

Thermal Paste
Arctic cooling MX-1 (better than AS5- look here: http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/battle-thermal-pastes-144331/)

CPU Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 775)

TOTAL:£462.36

Sorry if I went over, but it is worth spending that bit more, for such a large boost in performance, and it is also much more furure proof, as it is Penryn compatible.

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST.

lol, ive been looking up all the parts that saltynay put on and you've gone and put them there for me ill go have a look at them links, do you think i will need cooling? coz all my current computers have never over heated, true they are crap lol but i dont know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom