New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksideleader

Inquiry - The Dark Cheese
Critic and review it, i given it a lot of thought and this is what i came up with.
Ram: Canada Computers - Memory > DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz + : OCZ (OCZ2P800R22GK) DDR2 PC2-6400 2GB (2x1024MB) Platinum Revision 2 XTC Dual Channel Kit. x2 4 gig, imma gonna do alot of video/sound editing up coming years, should help right? i also like have 20 msn convos at once :p

CPU: Canada Computers - CPU : AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ (65W) Dual-Core Socket AM2, 1.9GHz, 512KB x2 L2 Cache, 2000MHz HT, 65nm (ADO3600DDBOX) . great overclocker, up to 3ghz, but should i use Intel for something for powerful?

Case: Canada Computers - Cases > Mid Towers : Radiant P4 ATX Mid Tower Case with 500w PS (Black/Black) FC-RA11A-BK/BK. Rather go with something cheaper. Also 500w psu?

CPU Fan: Canada Computers - Cooling > CPU Cooling : Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro for AMD Socket 754/939/AM2. just picked up something fast, good enough?

Hard Drive: Canada Computers - Hard Drives > S-ATA Drives : Seagate Barracuda (ST3320620AS) 7200.10 320GB SATA NCQ 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache (OEM). never used seagate before, i'd rather stick with Western Digitial

Mobo: Canada Computers - Motherboards > Socket AM2 : Sapphire PI-AM2RS690MHD Pure Innovation HDMI AMD Socket AM2 AMD 690G Chipset Dual Channel DDR2 800/667/533 8-CH Audio Micro ATX. tricky one, after reading reviews, i came up with its a good overclocker and i like the 7.1 speakers and the high definition intergrated video.

OS: Windows Vista Buisness x64. Canada Computers - : Microsoft Windows Vista Business 64-Bit (OEM). like future proofing my plans, with DX10 gonna be on the rage and my favourite game's sequal Starcraft 2 gonna come out sometime, i figured best to get Vista. Also i find the professional version of windows a lot useful than the home edition.

Videocard: tricky one as well, i decided to not get a high end videocard just yet, ill stick with the intergrated on the mobo, x1250 cuz it has high definition for my TV and is enough to play the games i have. (BF 1942 and Rakion) wich are hardly demanding games. Also im waiting till the DX10 video cards become more affordable for better bang for your buck price. The 8800GTS, or the HD 2900XT if it ever gets affordable for my standards, will it get bottlenecked by the slow CPU though?

Total: Around $680 CAD still kinda pricey for me.

If i would get a videocard, it would be this ETC Computer - Sapphire ATI Radeon x1950XT, $225 cheapest i could find it canada.

do not use the 500w psu that came with the case it will most likely be very unreliable and it could take components with it if it blows up. You would be best off with an antec one.

If you want more power yes go with a core two duo but they are more expensive than X2, and seeing as though you said that this current build is pricey then intel is out of the question.

oh? i bought a case around 30 buckish and came with a 350w PSU around 6 years ago? working ever since, build in PSU really that bad?

mmm... maybe you got a lucky one before anyway I have heard that they can be rather un-reliable and you have some pretty nice parts in that build so i wouldnt want to risk it if I was you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom