New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FSP 450w will handle an 8800GTS quite easily and with only a few hard drives it is capable of running an 8800GTX as well...this leaves you a good bit of upgrade room over a 7900GS.

I would just like to add that the motherboard you are currently set on buying does not have onboard video, and I see that you aren't planning on buying a graphics card right away. Unless you have an extra pci-e card lying around somewhere then it isn't going to be very easy to use your new computer : (, obviously if you don't intend to use it right away than thats okay though.
Also if you want to save a little money and if you plan on upgrading your graphics card later anyway you might be interesting in buying an x1900gt. They have a very good price/performance ratio (with oblivion on ultra settings, my fps never dips below 25). Other than that though I'm liking the build : )

I just realized that the motherboard I selected will not work with the memory. Do you have any other suggestions for good LGA 775 mobos that don't have an Intel chipset. All of the Intel chipsets can only use RAM that runs at 1.8v.

It will work. originally the 965 chipset has many issues but they have been fixed.

remember the accidental older version of the DS3 I linked? ;)

Don't worry about it as memory works fine now....they just haven't taken it off is all. Your build is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom