New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike9182

In Runtime
What do you think of this build?
I am pretty sure everything is compatible, but I would appreciate if someone would look over for me, since this is going to be my first build. Also, one of the things I was wondering, is that a good power supply? Please post your comments, or any suggestions.

I already have a monitor, and plan on using the built in sound and graphics, when I first build the system.

Build:

ASUS DVD Burner
Cooler Master Case
Gigabyte Motherboard
Coolmax Power Supply
Kingston Ram
AMD Processor
Windows Vista
Western Digital HDD

I will eventually be adding these:
BFG Tech Video Card
Hauppage TV Tuner

ok case looks like it doesn't have great cooling but depends how heavy you will be using it for cooling the Antec 900 is the case I would recommend.

Can I recommend going down the Core 2 Duo route it is faster, more efficient and cheaper....

Power supply I cant really say much for the PSU but your definitely looking in the right wattage range can I recommend an Antec true power trio 550W

The Ram is ok but not great. G-skill 2x1gb is really great ram

The processor as i said Core2Duo is currently the way to go

Windows vista isn't great you should wait until the first service pack before going down the vista route Xp is the most stable and the better operating system.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 hdd's are great the best price/performance and they have a 5 year warranty

Matt

if u like vista go with 32 bit, its more stable and better driver support, as 64-bit doesn't letr u install unsigned microsoft drivers, and why pay 150.00 for a 6 series geforce card

most drivers right now for vista are unsigned dude, u can't use the devices with the drivers then

y waste more money to buy XP then buy vista again? just buy vista, work with what you have and they'll soon make proper drivers for everything

Can I recommend going down the Core 2 Duo route it is faster, more efficient and cheaper....
Matt

AMD right now is actually cheaper and more efficient...almost 3 times as cheap while being about 15% slower sounds pretty darn efficient to me. You could of coarse go either one but on a budget under I say 800 bucks or so today the best choice for your money is AMD X2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom