New Budget Build: First Time Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezus

Solid State Member
Alright, my budget is £500, thats right, i live in the U.K.
I just need some advice or conformation.
Asus P5Q Pro-Motherboard
Intel E8400-CPU
Arctic Cooling Alpine 7 Pro Socket-CPU Fan and Heatsink
Samsung 1TB-Hard Drive Edited!
OCZ-RAM
Coolermaster Case-PC Case
Revoltek 120mm Fan-Case Fan
Arctic Silver Compund-Thermal Compund
ATI Sapphire-Graphic Card
DVD RW-Periphals

I do have a question though, does the DVD RW read and burn cd's aswell?
p.s. i do know the cpu i purchased is retail and comes with the stock heatsink but i heard that it was awful.
Cheers!

Stock heatsinks are bad if you plan to OC, so you made a good choice with the aftermarket cooler, although the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro would have been better. DVD RW drives read and write data so you are good :D

i dont plan to overclock but is it worth that extra £8 for x degrees cooler?
and how much is x?

It depends. Most stock coolers, if not overclocking, will keep temperatures in the perfectly safe range. Aftermarket coolers will usually lower temps by about 5-10C on average.

Is this for gaming? If so, try to squeeze in a minimum of an HD 4670 graphics card. Otherwise if it is not for gaming any low end card will do.

now my current computer has this feature which automatically searches for wireless routers...what do i need to make the possible in my new build, is it a pci wireless card? my current computer doesnt have any usb adapters..

hey it seems that the elite 330 is sold out so i chose this one instead
EV Galaxy Black Mid Tower Case
do you think i could take out some front covers and put a fan there?
also where is the manual?

do you mean the covers that cover the slot where you'd put a cd drive?

i suppose with some of your own custom case modding of sorts you could put a fan there but i personally wouldnt do it. you'd need some kind of perforated cover to go on the outside so that you dont like, accidently put something in it to cause it to break and possibly damage your internal hardware.

did you mean this?

1782 Galaxy Black Midi Case with Blue Bubble Light LED Strip 450w PSU

it looks like that case only has room for 4 fans and since you say its not for gaming, your hardware shouldnt generate that much heat i think.

its up to you though, theres more cases for a lil more money that look like they offer better cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom