New ATX Full Tower case suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj_extreme

Daemon Poster
As the title states, I'm looking for a new ATX Full Tower case. I know, cases are kind of a personal preference, but there are so many out there. Any suggestions on a good one would be greatly appreciated. :) I do have a custom water loop, with a 360mm rad, and I'm upgrading my GPU's to these: Newegg.com - XFX HD-695X-CNDC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity To give you an idea of how much room I need. Again, I have no Color preference (whether it be Case or LED or both), no brand preference, it just has to be full tower. I'll spend up to $400 if need be. Thanks!

You don't need a "full" tower case to fit those cards. You just need a "deep" mid tower. The main advantage to a "full" size case is it supports lots of hard drives and "full" size ATX or the larger extended EATX motherboards that have many slots.

And that Corsair full tower is HUGE - 24 inches tall. If like me, your computer sits in your desk, it could be a tight fit. In my desk, it would just barely fit, but it would not have enough clearance on top for good ventilation. Plus, being steel, once fully loaded with your PSU and drives, it would weigh a ton - not fun when lugging outside to blast out the dust all those fans will draw in - which leads to my next point. While Corsair makes quality cases, they don't have removable, washable air filters and I will never have a case again that doesn't.

The Cooler Master is still a big case, but has removable filters and is a lot cheaper. It does not have a side window, which I like, not for looks, but because side windows are easier during monthly inspections for dust buildup and fan operation. I personally like Antec cases.

You don't need a "full" tower case to fit those cards. You just need a "deep" mid tower. The main advantage to a "full" size case is it supports lots of hard drives and "full" size ATX or the larger extended EATX motherboards that have many slots.

And that Corsair full tower is HUGE - 24 inches tall. If like me, your computer sits in your desk, it could be a tight fit. In my desk, it would just barely fit, but it would not have enough clearance on top for good ventilation. Plus, being steel, once fully loaded with your PSU and drives, it would weigh a ton - not fun when lugging outside to blast out the dust all those fans will draw in - which leads to my next point. While Corsair makes quality cases, they don't have removable, washable air filters and I will never have a case again that doesn't.

The Cooler Master is still a big case, but has removable filters and is a lot cheaper. It does not have a side window, which I like, not for looks, but because side windows are easier during monthly inspections for dust buildup and fan operation. I personally like Antec cases.

Good luck fitting a 360 rad, reservoir and pump in a mid tower case

Depends on the case, and the motherboard. Mid towers really just refers to the height, not depth (length) or width. If you look at the dimensions of that mid tower Cooler Master and the big full tower Corsair, the Cooler Master is wider by a tiny bit. And 19.5 in length is still pretty deep.

I have an Ultra Mid Tower that is 9.5 inches wide and 20.5 deep - with lots of room down at the bottom for all sorts of stuff. It will even fit an EATX board

Still, you have a valid point - you have to do your homework if you have to pack a bunch of extra stuff in there as not all mid towers are equal.

Digerati, thanks for looking out for me, and trying to save me money and space, but I have a mid tower right now, and out of all the ones I've seen/owned, it's pretty **** big. But it's still an issue when I want to "mod" (in a jury-rigged kinda way) things, and my rad won't fit on or in it. So, I've decided a full tower is the way to go. What about this?
Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Unbeatable Gaming Case like the looks :)

I'm coming from this case, btw.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811517012

Well, as I said before, I like Antec cases. And that one has plenty of large fan options so that is great. And finally it has removable, washable air filters so personally, I think it is a great case.

If you choose this case be aware that it cannot mount a 360 rad on the top. It has to be front mounted. Theres no proper hardware to do this, you will need something along the lines of two sided 3m tape or drill your own screw holes. Unless you ditch the 360 and go with a 240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom