Network wide upgrades...

I have close to 800 movies, and 15 tv shows, currently have 90 complete anime series, most all is 1080p. I use PLEX, and various other programs as listed earlier.

I also stated how fast my library grows earlier. I also tend to keep a 1:1 backup of everything on a large raid array. When dealing with stuff the way I do, you tend to not have all the disk space that you would have, due to redundancy. In theory, ~20TB of disk space would only be ~15TB of storage for me if done in R5, which I am planing on doing a R55 which means I loose even more disk space, but, have decent redundancy in the event I have several drive failures.

When you and all your friends get together to create a massive library as I have you will use more than 500GB, and externals suck when it comes to having several machines streaming from one machines drive array.

Dang, that is one huge collection. Sorry I don't have any advice for you as I am learning a lot off of these forums myself. I just use a cheap external because I can't afford something like this and I can hook it up to any pc / ps3 etc and tote it around with me :p But its about 40GB Free so... I need an upgrade. Perhaps when I purchase my own home I will set something similar to yours up. Starting off smaller of course :)

Good luck on your build and setup though.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom