Need upgrade options for my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfcperry17

Beta member
Hi. I got an HP DV5150 Small Form Factor computer today for free and was looking it over. I got it for free from a coworker and wanted it as a mid level gaming PC platform.

I took a screen shot in Everest Ultimate and attached it. It's got a PCI-E X16 slot free along with 2 PCI slots and a PCI-E X1 slot free. Anything I can do with those? I want a good video card for it but don't know if number 1, My PSU can handle it since it's only 200w & number 2, if I need a low profile card or not.

I found a low profile HD 4550 on Newegg that may work if I get a new PSU.

I would like any feedback as long as no one says that the computer sucks for gaming and all that BS. I know it already. It WILL be upgraded.:grin:

I can't access the HP site right now, so I can't see which case you are using. If it is the slim desktop versions then, yes, it will have to be a low profile card. CHeck out your PSU and compare it to the mATX PSUs on NewEgg to see if it is made the same; if it is you can upgrade to a better one thereby opening up more options for GFX cards.

From what I could find your computer can run up to a s939 x2 3800. eBay will be about the only source for one, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom