Need upgrade help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pl4gu3

Beta member
Hows it going everyone.
Im not a big tech head but looking to upgrade my computer (at least my graphics card) for Modern warfare 2 when it comes out in a couple of months and also other games of course but thats the one i would play the most.

I just have a few questions id like answered :D

My current specs are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53Ghz x 2, 3MB L2 cache 45nm
Motherboard: ASUS P5GC-MX ( 2 PCI slots, Up to 4GB of ram, 1 PCI-E x16 slot)
RAM: 2GB DDR2 dual channel memory
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600GT 512MB
HDD: 750GB SATAII hard drive
DVD: 20X dual layer dvd-rw
CASE: Excel IRA11 Case with 400W Power supply

I am also looking to get a HD screen.

Q1: What would be the best choice of upgrade to run COD4 better and also MW2 when that comes out?

Q2:What graphics card would i need to run a HD screen + help the performance of COD4 and MW2 and whats the best screen for HD?

Q3: Im also thinking about getting surround sound headphones for gaming. What would be the best headphones plus would i need to upgraded my sound card for better sound quailty?

Well i think thats about it atm but ill ask when i can think of something.

Thanks pl4gu3 :D

I don't have your price range but here are my recommendations for good bang for buck.

Newegg.com - Recertified: XFX HD485XYDF Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
Newegg.com - SENNHEISER DJs HD202 3.5mm/ 6.3mm Connector Circumaural Dynamic Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone
Newegg.com - mushkin 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996529 - Desktop Memory

You may need to upgrade your power supply though as well. Do you have any diea what the amperage is on the 12V rails of your PSU?

You may need something like this as well.
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550V2-S-SL 550W ATX12V v2.01 SLI Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies

However I would not let that Hd4850 sell out, recertified have some kind of warranty and it's the price of an open box.

I would recommend a couple extra gigs of ram - especially if you're running vista. From my experience, sufficient ram is crucial for running any video game, and im sure MW2 could use it.

Only running xp do not like vista one bit. Ill look into 2x 2gb sticks

You may need to upgrade your power supply though as well. Do you have any diea what the amperage is on the 12V rails of your PSU?

I have no idea lol doesnt say anywhere only 400w

However I would not let that Hd4850 sell out, recertified have some kind of warranty and it's the price of an open box.

Im from New Zealand so id look for a more local source,

Newegg.com - Recertified: XFX HD485XYDF Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Ok mint ill look into this a little more thank you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom