Need some insight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziospawn

Solid State Member
Im looking to upgrade my CPU i have a AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz. I was wanting to go to the AMD FX-8150 Processor 3.6GHz w/16MB cache and i was just wandering if my mother board will be fine. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H w/ Radeon HD 4290, DualDDR3 1333, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, USB3.0, 1394, Hybrid CrossFireX, HDMI. and i was also going to upgrade my video card to a Nevidia GTX 680. I have a ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity Edition 2GB.

So my basic questions are will i be able to make these upgrades with my mother board i know i will be able to upgrade my video card but i wanted some expert help =D.

i dont see anything that said am3+ when looking at the processor i know i have
DDR3-1866MHz on my motherboard and that was the only thing i really saw =S hmm

now that im looking really hard i might need that am3+ =S witch will suck cuz i really dont want to get a whole new motherboard =S

Yup, for all the people praising their continued use of the same socket for years I find it ironic how to use the shiny new slow CPUs you need a new board.

yea well that sucks ill have do more looking around for a motherboard its a 2 year old computer i think so and was custom built so ill just have to learn quickly how to put it back together =S once i get a motherboard =P

yea well that sucks ill have do more looking around for a motherboard its a 2 year old computer i think so and was custom built so ill just have to learn quickly how to put it back together =S once i get a motherboard =P
Not too hard. Just find a 990 board on Newegg and plop it in.

yea i just dont know how to do the raid thing on my computer the guy who built it for some reason put 4 hard drives in it and raided it together so ill have to figure it out my computer really has 5 hard drives but only 4 are put together to make 3 drives

well the guy that built my computer put 5 hard drives in it the main one called the raptor and then 4 standard drives that are put together in to 2 1TB drives there just linked together so and hes said the speed of them are really close to a ssd the computer is 2 years old so it makes sense

for back then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom