Need some help finalizing wishlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaXiMuS_N00BuS

Baseband Member
Ok, I'm not one of the smartest people when it comes to PC performance accessories. So, can I get some people with good knowledge in that area to look over this and let me know if everything I have selected will be a good build?

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Some of you may have already seen this before but for the ones who haven't, here is a quote of mine to help decide if this is a good choice:

I am an amateur programmer, a music producer (large storage capacity demands), and am fixing to start 3D animation (using programs like 3D Studio Max and Cinema 4D which are quite demanding) and i am also a gamer (Crysis, COD 4, and other performance demanding games) and i need a computer that would keep up without fail. I need a powerful mobo with great processors (dual or quad at least 3.00Ghz) and super reliable peripherals and all the other stuff i'll need also. I just want to build a computer close to the best on the market.

I took out most of the unnecessary details in the original quote. It's only to help weed out some of the "not-as-good-as-they-say" products that are on the list and give any suggestions to better products with the same price or not too much higher. The total price is shown at the bottom of the page, so nothing more than $2000 is what I'm going for.

Thank you for your help!!

I would make the following changes, i think these are much better choices and the price i believe would be reduced:

PSU: Corsair 750TX
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Rifle
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

RAM: OCZ Reapers 2x2gigs
Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

I would defiantly change to those. Im kind of in a rush right now but you probably dont need that Mobo especially since your going with ATI and probably crossfire down the track. Also, for an extra $30-40, you can get a 22": Newegg.com - Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 300 cd/m2 700:1 - LCD Monitors

Hope i helped.

Ok, I updated the wishlist. I didn't know I had 2 coolers on there.

Question... Would it be a good idea to get TWO of the same video cards?

With the motherboard suggested by gt7sanremo?

You could get 2 4850's because that board supports Crossfire. But would you really need to run Crossfire? What resolution do you play games in? If it's like 1920 x 1200 or higher then go for it, but any lower resolution than that I don't think it would be worth it.

Well, I'm getting two 22" LCD monitors so It might be good to use a resolution that high. I'm currently using a res of 1800 x 1440 on a 17" CRT and I could definitely go for bigger.

Oh sorry I didn't realize you were getting and running dual monitors. Then yes you should probably run 2 4850's in crossfire.

No it's OK I should've specified. But the list is a GO?

Oh yeah, another thing... Crossfire... Are any other accessories needed to run crossfire or is it powered exclusively by the PSU?

That psu is sli/crossfire ready so you don't need anything else. And the 4850 should come with a crossfire bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom