Need to Save money Somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I am building a PC for a friend, he only asks that the PC run World of Warcraft without any frame skipping, or slowdown on the computers part. (There will always be server lag)

Anyway, I have priced out the most important parts of the system, but its running way out of his price range. Here is what think would have been great for the system:

Socket 939 AMD 64 3000+ $146 Newegg

MSI K8N Neo4-F PCI-E $83

EVGA 6600GT PCI-E $153

PNY 1GB (2x512) PC3200 RAM $86.44

Now this alone is going to run at least $450, thats too much, so where do I save money? Do move down to a XP chip, go with a $50 Socket A Board, and an AGP 6600GT? Maybe down to 512MB of Ram? Any Suggestions? I still have to price in the Hard Drive, and Optical Drive, and a case. I havent got an exact amount on his budget, but hes only 16 making $80 a week.

you can try zipzoomfly.com i think they have the vid card like about 10 bucks cheaper? you might find other parts cheaper there too

138 dollars for an agp 6600GT. you might want to look into getting an agp board.

what is his price range. ill try to post some other comp builds

Blackmoore said:
Now this alone is going to run at least $450, thats too much

btw your mobo doesnt have an sata port, so the sata hdd isnt going to work.

and does he need everything like a case psu etc

I might have a case and a PSU lying around. $450 was just too much for those few parts, I think we want to stick around $500

for less then 500 dollars with a 6600GT and a case and psu, you'll have to switch over to socket A.

Yeah, thats what I was afraid of, but it should matter, an XP 2800+ coupled with a 6600GT and 1GB of Ram should be more than enough to run World of Warcraft without any frames skipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom