Need Recommendations for a Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

In Runtime
I'm looking at doing a build soon and need some recommendations on MB/CPU/Ram etc...

My budget $300 or less (if possible).

I'm not a gamer, but I am an extremely heavy Net user. I usually have 5-10 IE browser windows open at once. Each with 2-3 tabs running.

I usually have a 2-3 apps running as well.

I would like to get a Duo-core (if price allows).

What do I need to be looking for ??

TIA

^ That's not going to fit in a $300 budget, actually, very few things would fit in that kind of budget assuming that you need to get a case, power supply, optical drive, hard drive on top of the mobo, ram, cpu and graphics card, usually anything lower than $400 is best bought from a mass-producer of pre-built computers, you really only start benefiting substantially from a custom build once you start spending $600-700 and up

if you are transfering your old parts and all you need is a mb/cpu/ram, then pretty much get exactly what veddub suggested

I'm thinking in canadian dollars though, so iunno

I was reading it as only needing cpu/ram/mobo. You can pick up a cheap p35 board for under 70 bucks, the e2180 is about 80 bucks and 2gb of ram for under 70. So thats only around 260+ shipping.

cpu: E2180 $92
Ram: 1gb cheapest available ram by a big brand $40
gfx: reuse if pci-express which is doubtful if not use a 8400gt or 8500 $60
hdd: reuse
psu reuse
mobo: gigabyte P35 ds3L $70
optical: reuse
Windows xp........

its hard to build an intel C2D system for this low budget but just possible with the reuse of equipment hopefully you have a windows cd already, an AMD system would give you more financial breathing room if a new copy of Microsoft is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom