need a really specific PSU (so annoying)

Status
Not open for further replies.

person135

Solid State Member
I have a 250W PSU and I'm trying to get a better one so that I can get a better graphic card to replace my crappy ATI Radeon Xpress 200.

I need a 350W+ (300W might do) power supply with a 9.6 in. x 9.6 in. form factor. I've searched and can't find any that match.

Do you guys know any? Cheap is best!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, he's most likely right in that assumption and there will probably be another bottleneck if you happen to succeed in replacing your video card.

You could just gut the box and move everything into a new case, you could also get a case that comes with a PSU, there are plenty that come with 350+ watt PSU's. It's not the best idea, but it'll be more affordable than the other alternative (a new comp altogether).

Measure the PSU itself. Unless your case is a micro thinline, it probably uses a standard ATX PSU. Even if it uses a microATX PSU, it can be replaced.

I know from experience that, sometimes, you can't just dump everything and build/buy new. Making due with what you have is painful, but it can be done. Go with what your budget will allow for now, and look at putting together enough tobuild/buy on down the road.

yeah I'm going to get a good computer later in a couple of months
I'm only trying to play CoD2 on good settings, and my crappy video card can't support it. The thing is, the power supplies that I found did not say what the form factor was, so I don't if they work or not.

if you can recommend me a video card at or under 250W that can play CoD2 at good settings, then I'd happily get that and skip all this hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom