Need a really clever bloke who knows about memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobrainer

Beta member
I have an Emachines 210 with 256MB of ram as standard and I want to upgrade it to 512.

My existing chip says on it Samsung 322
PC2100U-25330-A0 M368L3223DTL -CBO 256MB DDR PC2100 CL2.5

I bought a new chip which says Samsung 136
256-DDR 21168019
K4H28D838C-TCB0 SR16MXDDR

I was told when I bought the chip that it was 1 x 256 meg Samsung DDR 266 PC2100 184 pin Unbuffered.

When I put the new chip in the computer beep around 4-6 times and the screen fails to start. I am not sure if the computer is working OK but the light some on.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong please. Many thanks in advance.
From the NOBRAINER

Thank you for the reply. There was no power to the motherboard as I made sure that the computer was completely disconnected before I put it in. I will try what you suggest to see what happens. Thank you for the reply, this is first time I have posted anything on a forum so I wasn't quite sure what I was doing!

Many thanks

Simon Lane
Wellington
England

Hi nitestick

Done what you suggested and took out the original ram and replaced it only with the new one and the following happened.
The computer did 3 short bleeps followed by 3 short beep followed by one beep and then nothing. The screen did not register anything.

Simon

Thank you all for your help, I have checked ity out and it seams that the memory maybe faulty, so I am sending it back!

Haha I read this post because you said the word "BLOKE". I just want to say it... bloke. Ahhhhhhhhhh. England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom