Need Power Supply Help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Need Power Supply Help

I'm ordering parts from for a new computer, and I've got the following case picked out: - LIAN LI PC-A05NB Black Aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

If you look at the pictures, the power supply goes in the bottom front part of the case right below the hard drive ports. The online manual for the case shows a power supply with a fan on its top, but the reviews on newegg say to get a front to back flowing power supply with a fan in front.

Question #1: Is the front of the power supply where its plugged in and where the switch is, or where the wires are, on the opposite side of the switch

Question #2: I need to find a front to back flowing power supply and I haven't been able to find any. Does anyone have any suggestions that's in the price range of $100 or less.

Thanks for your help!

Old 12-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
muffin enthusiast
Default Re: Need Power Supply Help

for that case, the side of the psu that has the switch and the psu's power cable faces the front of the case, and where all the internal power connections come out faces the back of the case.

the case has an extension cord so that even though the power cable of the psu faces the front, the extension cable allows you to connect to it in the back of the case.

if you need help finding a psu, we need more info on what hardware your rig will have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lian li case.jpg (19.8 KB, 64 views)

Old 12-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

I would pick out a new case. It's small and cramped which will hinder ventilation and future upgrades. And the irregular power supply placement looks like a horror story. I luv Lian-Li cases, I have one myself. But this is the worst one I've ever seen.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you're worried about price , this is a nice case at $100 : - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Old 12-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

pick a different case. i am surprised a case like that doesnt come with a power supply.
Closed Thread