Need an Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

supawiz6991

Beta member
When it comes to processors im not up-to -date. Im terrible at knowing when they are good and when they are bad. Im looking into buying this laptop but i need an opinion. Heres the Specs:

Brand: HP Processor Type: AMD Turion 64
Type: Laptop/Notebook Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz
Screen Size: 15.4 inch Processor Configuration: Single Core
Operating System: Windows XP Professional Memory (RAM): 512 MB
Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Hard Drive Capacity: 80 GB

im Mostly concerend with a program it has. Adobe Photoshop. will the laptop run this program well? Also is the processor decent??

Thanks for the help in advance!!!! :thumbsup:

Re: Processor Question.

well, your sort of asking ambiguous questions there. 'good' isn't really a descriptor. and is it a turion 64 or a turion x2 64?, and what model type? the turion 64 itself was introduced in 2003 I believe(it actually sounds like you have just a turion 64 frankly.). Will it run 'a' version of photoshop well? ya sure. It barely meets the requirements for cs4 but not the recommended req's I believe, as it is better to have at least a gig internal memory, (although it will run with 512, its the minimal.)
I'd pass myself unless it was a real decent deal, I wouldn't pay $40 myself, in which case I'd load a earlier version of photoshop frankly, but I do not know how much of a photoshop guru you are or in what capacity you'd use it of course.
just what I think anyways.

I would be most concerned with the small amount of RAM if you want to run heavy programs like Photoshop. I'd go with something that has atleast 1 GB of RAM if you ask me.

I would want at least 2gb of ram depending upon which version of PS you are running.

512 would not be good for any version.

heh, Photoshop has been around for 10 years now, I think you'd be surprised on what some of the versions would run on. CS which actually is useable imo, was recommended for only 256MB Ram, and a P3-4. Of course I agree with you for any real serious work, then again if your doing serious work I certainly wouldnt be using a 6 year old laptop either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom