Need a New Video Card for HP Pavilion Desktop PC AMD Phenom X4 9550 QuadCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the info. I found the recommended items on Newegg.ca as I am in Canada.

Am I going to be able to easily install the power supply? I have video cards before but never a power supply. I would think I should be able to figure it out.

I have ordered the stuff and will let you know how I make out. Thanks again for the help

Ncix is great, but if youre in BC, meh. Yha, had we known you were Cdn, we would of ncix it.

Just priced it on both, and newegg will come out ahead in the end due to MIRS.

Ncix is 8 bucks cheaoper up front, but newegg has 2 mirs of 35 bucks US, while ncix has 1 for 24cdn.

Plus the saphire cards back ordered.

This Time Egg wins

I would still suggest using NCIX, and just price matching using shopbot. That will give you the best deal possible on those parts. ;)

I actually did the comparision with NCIX and I went with Newegg mostly because the card was backordered I wanted it right away.

Swapping a PSU is actually pretty easy. Each plug is unique. If nothing else, take a pic of each connection before you unplug it, and then match it back up with the new one. ;)

Swapping a PSU is actually pretty easy. Each plug is unique. If nothing else, take a pic of each connection before you unplug it, and then match it back up with the new one. ;)

Oh to add to Trotter, YOU WILL HAVE EXTRA CABLE.

Assuming you went with the 520hx, what you can do to make it easier, as its modular, meaning the cables unplug from the main box, you can keep the old psu in place, remove the hard drive cables one at a time and then plug the loose new cable back in.

Once all the cables are swapped, remove the old psu, plop in the new, and finish pluging in the power cables..

My mother switched a psu, so you can too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom