Need new Video card - Gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xevan do NOT get a 500$ video card. If you do I swear you will regret it for the rest of your life. Get a 8800GT instead which is around 200$~ and make sure its a nice brand such as E-VGA. There are A LOT of nice brands, but trust me paying over 250$ for a graphics card is never worth it. Besides a 8800GT will tear WarHammer a new one. If you need a graphics card to play Online Games. You probably don't need one thats over 200$ even a nice 100$ graphics card will handle the job.

so if i put in a 8800gt, say... today, will my current power supply handle it

im pretty sure cause 8800 is the most common card used by most people

The 8800GT requires a 400W PSU (according the EVGA). Always shoot for more, though, to future proof. The Corsair mentioned above would be perfect.

At best your PSU would be 300W, 350 on an outside chance.

lol its the most common used because it works. It handles the job and does an excellent job. Of course its the most used, why mess with a card thats great to begin with. Even the new 9600GT's don't compare to the 8800GT's. Your power supply should be about 500~650 watts for it to handle the new graphics card. With the left over money get a nice CPU if you can. So instead of some over sized graphics card (and overpriced) , you'll have a nice CPU, Power Supply, and decent Graphics card instead.

lol its the most common used because it works. It handles the job and does an excellent job. Of course its the most used, why mess with a card thats great to begin with. Even the new 9600GT's don't compare to the 8800GT's. Your power supply should be about 500~650 watts for it to handle the new graphics card. With the left over money get a nice CPU if you can. So instead of some over sized graphics card (and overpriced) , you'll have a nice CPU, Power Supply, and decent Graphics card instead.

so with $500 i can get a nice CPU, Videocard, and powersupply?

Cool i see what your getting at.

Im mainly upgrading for a future game, warhammer online. its a mmorpg so high fps is a must. I just want parts that will last me a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom