Need a new PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebathan

Baseband Member
My PSU in my computer just kicked the can, so I"m needing a new one. I read the sticky on PSU and felt very enlighted. Still a little nervous about buying the right one though.

I'm thinking this 450W one from Fortron
Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX450-PN, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, PCI Express, 450W Power Supply - Retail

but I'm wide open to suggestions. My specs are in my sig, but I'm hoping to use this new PSU when I make the big jump to dual-core and all that jazz. Of course that is just a wish.

That power supply is a great brand, and more than enough power for your rig.

Plenty enough power and one of the most highly recommended PSU's still today.

Yea you should pick one up.

Thanks guys, in a few days I'll be the proud owner of a new Fortron PSU. I just hope that my old PSU didn't kill anything besides itself.

Yes, I have a Fortron, 350W, cost only like $20. Cheap, kinda loud, but never once failed and is still going strong.

I would recommend Thermaltake PSU. What do you guys think? I would say they have a great product line!

I would recommend Thermaltake PSU. What do you guys think? I would say they have a great product line!

The only thing going for TT is their ToughPower series.

Everything else they have is so so. And that is being generous.

And as sora mentioned, there are even better choices for the price of any given toughpower power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom