Need new power supply. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidas33

Beta member
So i need a new psu for the graphics card im getting (EVGA Geforce GTX 550Ti). I have a Compaq Presario SR5510f pc. The motherboard is an Iris8 MCP61PM-HM. The main thing im concerned about in choosing a new power supply is that i get one that is compatible with my motherboard and fits in my computer. Most of the psu's i see on the internet say something like ATX 12V v2.2 compliance. The only info i can find about this on my motherboard is on this page:

Motherboard Specifications, MCP61PM-HM (Iris8) - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

under Form Factor it says Micro-ATX and under Internal connectors it has one 24 pin ATX power connector, one 4 pin ATX power connector, and two SATA connectors. Also if you look at the bottom of that page at the motherboard layout there is a thing on the motherboard that says ATX 12V1. So my question is can something like this work with my pc?:

Corsair - Gaming Series 600-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply - GS600

If not, what psu's will work and could somebody please provide me a link? Thanks if you read all this.

awesome thanx for the help. also do you know if this (and the grafix card) comes with some sort of installation or setup guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom