Need new hdd, mine just died

mark1413

Baseband Member
So I just upgraded my computer. Well essentially I built a new comp. I am running, WAS running widows 7 on an msi z77a-g41 with an i5-3570k, a gtx 660ti and of
Course a brand new WD black label 1tb hdd.

After 7 days of use it is dead.

Comp will not boot, bios does not recognize a hd and Cannot reinstall windows. I just ordered an rma thru newegg for a refund.

What should I get now? My past WD was great, but this one clearly sucked. Thinking of getting a 1tb seafarer drive but I would really like some suggestions. My comp is intended for gaming mostly. I realize an ssd is the best bet but I have no experience setting up raid and I think it would be cheaper and easier to jut use one drive for everything.

Right now leaning toward seagate. Should I get the sv35 or the constellation es. I want 1tb of storage to future proof myself. Eventually I will move a lot of stuff to this hdd tho initially it will be gaming only.

Please help I'm gonna order tonight and he 1 day shipping

I have five seagates in mine. Haven't had any trouble yet.

Ok. I'm super ****ed with WD right now and lucky for them their customer service line is closed till Monday.

Which 1tb drive should I get, I want something fast but one not demanding ssd speed.

Ok we'll honestly I think WD might make a better product. Please give me
Some Advice guys.

Any drive manufacturer you go for can give bad eggs every once in a while, and pretty much any 1TB 7200RPM drive will give you similar performance.

Don't go for the ES drives, as they are enterprise drives and over priced as such. The 1TB Barracuda is nice and I have 1, as I also have their 2TB Barracuda XT. Pretty snippy drives.

As always, an SSD will deliver the best performance and no HDD will every match the access times and latency of an SSD. There is no RAID required to use an SSD. You can use the current 500GB you have in your sig as a storage drive and essentially pick up a 128GB SSD for most everything. The difference is mind boggling.

i changed my mind. only go with samsung. this will be a big mistake. do not make a mistake. only go with a samsung spinpoint f3.

Back
Top Bottom