need new cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepur

Beta member
after 6 yrs. my cpu died. i need help buying a new one. i use my comp. for surfing the web and some downloads. i do not play games, edit photos etc. i use dsl service and would like decent speed and storage. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Are you saying you need a new computer or a replacement cpu for your existing computer?

Assuming new computer, what is your budget? Do you also need monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.?

I'm pretty sure he means whole computer. We'll see what budget he has. i'm guessing the best route to go is prebuilt, since building from scratch maybe overwhelming for this particular individual, noting the fact that he referred to his computer as a cpu.

I'm pretty sure he means whole computer. We'll see what budget he has. i'm guessing the best route to go is prebuilt, since building from scratch maybe overwhelming for this particular individual, noting the fact that he referred to his computer as a cpu.

One of my first threads posted on tech-forums was asking about "building a new cpu". 1 month later I built my first computer, thanks to the people here. Boy am I glad that they didn't throw me under the bus by suggesting pre-built.

^ Well not everyone is interested in building, at least you came in asking to build a cpu!

The main reason why i said he should go prebuilt is because he doesn't plan on gaming, and so doesn't need high performance parts like a high quality PSU that is lacking with prebuilts... especially if he has a very low budget, he can't beat those prebuilts.

If it turns out he has a large budget then no doubt i'll recommend building.. but even for pre-built, to say to throw under a bus is quite harsh. Hope you weren't inferring i didn't have his best interest in mind.

Nah man, you're right...the whole throwing under the bus was a little harsh. My bad :/ it's been a pretty rough start to this week so kindly disregard the dramatic wordage there, sorry.

actually i am looking to replace just the cpu. i have a new lcd monitor and a fairly new keyboard. i would like to stay under $300.00 if possible.

Depending on your system specs, you might want to consider upgrading a few parts in it to get a decent performance boost. If you can let us know your specs it will help ( motherboard, ram, current cpu, power supply).

i bought my current computer in 2003. it was my first one and i just wanted something that would get me on the inernet. i cannot get into it now because it has completely died. i am on my laptop now. i can tell you that it has 107gb hdd and 736mb of ram. i want to get something that will be faster and have more memory. as stated earlier, i do not use for games nor high teck graphics. i have checked on line and every manufacturer says something different. i would just like suggestions on a make and model and suficient speed and memory. thanks in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom