Need A new Computer?! Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJohn

Solid State Member
Hi everyone!
About in 1999 I bought I good comuter that worked for me very well till I tried new games like: F.E.A.R, Oblivio and etc...
My Computer:
Intel PIII 733Mhz/133Mhz
256+128MB/133Mhz
GCard: Asus V7700 Deluxe (Geforce 2GTS) (It was the best when I bought).
MB: Asus P3V4X
Games that working: PeS 5, WoW, Heroes, AoE III, GTA SA...
Now my friend gave me a computer that is:
Athlon XP 1500+
256DDR/266Mhz
MB: Asus (I don't realy rememer what but it very simple)
GCard: Geforce 4 MX 440
This Computer is realy slower!!! Why?
Now I thinking to buy a new computer what would you suggest me (I don't want problames for 2-3 years)?
Should I buy Computer because vista comes out and maybe I will have problames with drivers?

thnx in advance

If you have the cash to upgrade, I would go ahead and do it. The hardware listed there won't (and apparently isn't) going to hold up, especially when Vista comes out, which isn't too far away.:)

If you are looking to buy one I can tell you some good things to look for in just a minute.

If you are looking for a computer that will last 2+ years and run games like FEAR, Oblivion, and others, this may be something like what you would want:

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
1GB-2GB Corsair RAM
AMD A64 3800 X2 CPU
Seagate 160GB 7200RPM HD
eVGA 7900GT KO 256MB
Antec TP-II 550W PSU
Windows XP Pro/Home SP2

Thnx for help!
yeah the money here is a little problame!
1. Why you chosing AMD?
2. The Graphic Card is too much expansive after I bought for the same price Asus V7700 I don't think it's a good idea, now this card costs nothing
3. I have HDD and PSU (One good, I bought about 2 month ago, Enermax about 600W

We choose AMD because its a better processor for gaming.

And, that eVGA 7900GT KO is definitely worth it, you should get it...it runs all games out there without slowdowns

thnx
but can you find something chiper please
it's realy too much expansive
I'm not always playing sometimes I editing Video, and Cupture it.
I learning Maya too

1. I generally choose AMD over Intel just because I think they are a better company. For right now AMD processors, especially that one, are a good deal because they are powerful, not too expensive, and dual core--but in a couple of weeks Intel will launch a new processor, Conroe, which is supposed to be really good.

2. ...what?

3. Yeah that should be fine, assuming the HD is pretty fast (7200RPM may help in games). I wouldn't try upgrading if you have a really small budget, because it will not go as far as you would want it to.

Vista is supposed to have very high requirements, and if you want a system that will handle it along with some of these games, I recommend you try to get the best you can, or at least provide a good upgrade path (in which case I would wait until the new Intels or AMD AM2's start rolling in).

BigJohn said:
thnx
but can you find something chiper please
it's realy too much expansive
I'm not always playing sometimes I editing Video, and Cupture it.
I learning Maya too

A good video card and processor would definitely help Maya, too.

ok so if we talk something about 1000-1300$
I don't need monitor, HDD (my HDD is already 7200) no PSU

for maya, you would need a video card thats more expensive for gaming, but i would say go with a 7600GT for SURE. as for PSU, make sure its reliable or u'll regret it. and yes go with AMD if buying right now. if u can wait about a month+ then you can get a Conroe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom