Need a new computer. But only have like $300 to spend..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, you may be wasting money on the software, but you get a damn good free 17" monitor ($230 atleast), and you also get Windows XP Home which is like another $80 or something, so you're practically getting it for free when you think about it 0_0...

Last year on the day after thanksgiving I got an eMachine with a 2.66 ghz Celeron D
512 PC3200 ram
80 gig HD
CD-RW/DVD combo drive
17 inch monitor
mouse
keyboard
speakers all for $199.99

THEN added a 160 gig western digital HD for $40
a BenQ DVD+-RW for $40
and a microsoft optical scroll mouse for $5

So, even with tax I got out for just over $300 and a pretty dang nice machine for the money. I later got another 512 of ram off ebay for another $40 and an Audigy 2 value for $50 and Altec Lansing VS2121 speakers for $15. So im pretty **** happy with what i got for the money.

Just gotta look for deals and piece things together.

Here's a Dell $399.00 PC
Dell Dimension 3000 Series Intel® Celeron® D Processor 320 (2.40GHz, 533 FSB)
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Memory 256MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
Keyboard and Mouse Bundles Dell USB Keyboard and Dell 2-button Scroll Mouse
Monitors 17 inch E773 (16 inch viewable) Conventional CRT
Video Card Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2
Hard Drive 40GB Ultra ATA/100 7200RPM Hard Drive
Floppy Drives and Additional Storage Devices No Floppy Drive Included
Mouse Mouse included with Keyboard purchase
Network Interface Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
Modem 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD or DVD Drive Single Drive: 48x CD-RW Drive
Sound Card Integrated Audio
Speakers No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
Office Software (not included in Windows XP) No Productivity Suite - Corel WordPerfect® word processor only
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) No Security Subscription
Digital Music Musicmatch by Yahoo!™ Music - Entry level music software
Digital Photography Corel Photo Album™ 6 Starter Edition - Organize and Edit your photos
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr At-Home Service, and 1Yr Technical Support
Internet Access Services 6 Months of America Online Membership Included
Financial Software (Preinstalled) No QuickBooks package selected- Includes limited use trial
Dell Media Experience Dell Media Experience™
Operating System Backup & Recovery PC Restore recovery system by Symantec

This would do the job for "Word Processing, email, internet" That's it. Seriously.

I just built a computer for $350 not including the shipping.

Intel Celeron D 325 2.53Ghz 256kb L2 Cache LGA775

ECS Elite motherboard 661FX-M7

Centon 1GB PC-3200 (2x512) I forgot what the timings were.. But
they were decent

Sony Floppy Drive

Western Digital IDE caviar 80gb 7,200rpm 2mb cache

Linkworld black case

Radeon 9250 8x agp 128mb ram

Optiowrite DVD-Burner

Not too bad eh?

If one more person thinks dells are good computers, or if people think its cool to buy a emachine from wal mart there just ****ing stupid. I am a computer Technician, and if you want a computer you can't upgrade, with no warranty, and performs, and is loaded with all noscense, Dude then get a dell. If you get a custom build most parts Maxtor, Asus, Kingston, have 3 to a lifetime warranty, and when you call there tech support they actual speak english. And a 1 ghz dell someone gave one to me, and I sold it for $125.00 bucks so 300.00 is a rip off. I could build you a whole 2.6ghz 3 year warranty, 512 mb ram.40gb harddrive Windows Xp Pro, Cd rw for about 350.00 So let me see Dude I got a dell, or a real Warranted kick ass machine.

In the future If you think Compaq, Dell, Emachine, gateway, Sony brand computers are good get off these forums and start reading some more, and keep buying your computers at walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom