in need of new computer but have very tight budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

free4all

Solid State Member
Hey guys I'm new here but notice that you guys provide a lot of help.

I'm looking to build a nice gaming pc but only have approx 200$. I don't need monitor,case,hdd,disk drive. Can you guys assemble the best you can with that budget? I would prefer tigerdirect so I can buy from shop and not waste for shipping and handling but if you can't, its ok.

$200 isn't alot of money, and it's unlikely you're going to get a nice gaming rig for that, even if you already have some parts.

there really was no way to keep it around $200 without losing more performance, so this is probably the best you're going to be able to get, short of going to craigslist or ebay or something.

cpu
AMD AD5000ODJ22GI Athlon 64 X2 5000+ CPU - 2.20GHz, Socket AM2, 2000MT/s HT Bus, 1MB Cache, OEM Processor at TigerDirect.com
and a cooler since it's oem.
OEM AMD 754, 939, 940, AM2 Aluminum CPU Cooler - 89-Watt, 21dBA at TigerDirect.com

mobo
Asus M2N68-AM PLUS Motherboard - Socket AM2+, Micro ATX, nForce 630a, GeForce 7025 Graphics, SATA, RAID at TigerDirect.com

ram
Crucial 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory at TigerDirect.com

gpu
XFX HD467XZDF2 Radeon HD 4670 Video Card - 1GB GDDR2, PCI Express 2.0, Dual DVI, HDTV, HDMI Support at TigerDirect.com

psu
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500-Watt Power Supply at TigerDirect.com

totals around $251.

Wow awesome job. Is there maybe a cheaper brand for RAM sticks(that's compatible with the other parts you listed) Because I'm looking to buy 2g x2.

from their site, that's the cheapest 2gb stick i found.

when you go to their store, you might be able to find something cheaper that maybe they don't have listed online. if you go with the rest of my build, you'll just have to make sure to look for ddr2 ram.

and if you can spend a bit more, for like $13 more you should be able to get a faster athlon II x2 240 or x2 245 cpu.

hey im usually a newegg man, do you know if I can order all these things online(tigerdirect) and do a store pickup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom