need more RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugal_loop

Baseband Member
hi

i want to upgrade my RAM. how do i find out what type and model i need for my PC?

my PC allready has 128 i think. will the new ram combine with what i have to double it? or do i need to double the RAM im bying as its not capadable with the old RAM maybe.

any thoughts?

Both Kingston and Crucial have memory configurators that will check your computer and let you know what you need and what the max amount your motherboard supports. Of course, you could pull out the memory that is in there now and take a look at it. Remember, that you can usually buy faster memory as long as it is the same standard. Of course the computer will not take advantage of it, but you may be able to take advantage of it in a future computer upgrade.

First off what kind of computer do you have?What pin configuration do you have?What is the maxx allowed? Is it a dell kinda sounds like it.
Please more info than we can further help you.Also what kinda of computing do yuo do.I would suggest 512mb For some gaming and porgram using.Iam guessing your computer isnt of the highest quaility becuase it has 128mb.512mb would be enough.!gb now would be nice for you but if you can aford it and if you mobo can support it I dought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom