Need mobo with onboard video by tomorrow...feedback ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Ok, so I mentioned this in another thread but because I need to do the shopping tomorrow AM I figured I'd start a new thread to get some feedback ASAP. Need a video with onboard video from my brother in-law...cheaper the better but still must be quality for AM2 cpu.

I've narrowed it to the following:

Newegg.com - Foxconn A690GM2MA-8KRS2H AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail - $70.00
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-M68SM-S2 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail - $73.00
Newegg.com - Open Box: GIGABYTE GA-MA69G-S3H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - $86.00

[edit]Links are to newegg but prices are here in canada, we can't shop from newegg[/edit]

The differences I've found, the MA69G Gibabyte boards has HDMI capabilities and the M68SM is geforce 7025 onboard video vs radeon 1250 for the others....anyone have some feedback on this?

Have to buy tomorrow to have it built and running by Friday...thanks.

i checked out those chipsets throughly before, theres practically no performance difference from both of those chipsets. Just go with the cheapest one

the gigabyte motherboard should be the most best buy. It has HDMI capabilites, firewire, 4 memory slots, 8 channel sound and great ocing ability.

Thanks, yeah went with the second gigabyte due to the HDMI capabilities which they thought they might use. It was also reported to OC better from the reviews I read. There were compatibility issues I read about in regards to the Foxconn and some components.

I ended up getting:

RAM: 2GB - G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ - $47
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H - $85
CPU: Amd Athlon 64 X2 4000+ - $65

Total: just under $230.00 after tax and S&H

Should notice a bit of a difference from his old Athlon XP 2800+ and 512MB, even if it is onboard video.

Thanks, yeah went with the second gigabyte due to the HDMI capabilities which they thought they might use. It was also reported to OC better from the reviews I read. There were compatibility issues I read about in regards to the Foxconn and some components.

I ended up getting:

RAM: 2GB - G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ - $47
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H - $85
CPU: Amd Athlon 64 X2 4000+ - $65

Total: just under $230.00 after tax and S&H

Should notice a bit of a difference from his old Athlon XP 2800+ and 512MB, even if it is onboard video.

Through the CMOS I am sure you can set the onboard video to take more of the system memory. If you need to.

yeah, but shouldn't need too. The most demanding program they run is photoshop for home pic editing.

They play ZERO games...maybe solitaire on occasion, and only other thing they need the comp for is the net and general word and excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom