Need low profile AM2 cpu cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Ok, picked up a Lian-Li PC-A59A a while back:

Lian Li Industrial Co., Ltd.

Now the dilemma is as i slowly accumulate parts for the wife I need a low profile cooler as the psu is actually mounted over the cpu. Not sure how much clearance there is, I'm guessing that the stock cooler is fine but I have only an OEM cpu and if I'm going to order something new i'd like the best bang for buck to oc the 4400+ AM2 I have for her.

Any suggestions?

Here is another bunch of photos is this thread, of a thermalright AXP-120 mounted on it.

Thermalright AXP-140 - The new XP-120 - Page 2 - [H]ard|Forum

So there is room....it fits the cooler+fan. Thanks

thats some design for the case. took me a sec or two to understand the layout from the pics but i see now where there might be some clearence issues with the psu.

maybe you should look into some zalman coolers, there seem to be a few that could fit the low profile design, like this one. whether its the best bang for your buck is questionable, seeing as there some good cheaper coolers, but they are rather tall.

Newegg.ca - ZALMAN CNPS7000C-Cu 2 Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

just a suggestion :)

Yeah, was thinking about the Zalman, just need to work out the airflow now with the psu there and make sure I have the fan on the cpu blowing in the best direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom