need a lookover please

Status
Not open for further replies.
That board is 800mhz but those cpu's are 533 and not hyperthreaded. I am not trying to talk you out of going with intel, My second main rig is a P4 2.6 but it is 800fsb and HT, and dual channel ram. Its a great system. I just don't see the point in spending more money on something that is far insuperior that's all.

I see your point, but will it work for what I need? you'd agree with me that that is far superior to a P3 1 GHz. I also don't have 2 of the same stick to do a dual channel system.

The pin's are on the cpu not the socket. The socket is female pins and the cpu is male pin's (I don't have to explain the whole male female thing to you do I ?? lol)

I am a little bios I have three Gigabyte boards and I love them, They are rock solid and overclock very well. And It has the Intel chipsets so you get the best of both worlds.

Yes you install the cpu (lift the hold down leaver, align the cpu) add a small amount of thermal paste on the HSF (might have a thermal pad on the heatsink now) then install the Heasink/fan. And don't forget ZIF socket means "Zero Incertian Force" Don't force the cpu in.

thanks for the help. I did read tho that for the 775 the pins are on the mobo not the cpu, either way, I think I like that gigabyte and will probably go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom