Need help with Video Card...again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhavik86

Solid State Member
Ok so I posted a question about getting a new video card for my old agp 8x slot and I got some advice. I was told the best agp video card i can get right now is Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR AG3850 512MD3-P Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

My question is:
I'm running window's xp professional and the video card has directx 10....will that cause some issues since directx 10 is offered only for vista?

Also in my previous post I thought i had only 300w ps but to my surprise, when I opened my case today, I actually had a 450w cooler master ps...its been so long since ive opened my case haha.

Is 450w enough to run this video card?

If there any other issues you can think of post them here cause im not a real techy kinda of guy....Thanks for the help!

got 2 more question on my mind.

Here are my computer's spec:

Window XP Pro.
Mobo: asus k8n-e duluxe PC Perspective - Asus K8N-E Deluxe Socket 754 Motherboard
AGP 8x Slot (I know they are almost gone but i dont have the funds to make a new computer atm)
AMD 3200+
Power Supply:450w
Memory: 2.5gb of SD DDR RAM
video card: Hopefully the newegg one

Do you think I will be able to run warhammer online on high settings with this build?

According to a newegg review this guy said "Other Thoughts: I do think that ddr2 ram is a must on ur sys to run this card at its full potential." Since i have sd ddr ram will I have the same issues?

It should be fine and don't worry about the Direct X thing, it will just run @ 9.0.

Also your system should be able to handle warhammer, the RAM usuage of the game is questionable but since your on XP it should be fine.

What server are you on? I'm Helborg/dark something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom